This licence can be obtained by applying to any of the traffic police office or traffic police licensing authority in the Applicants district.
Here are the following features of this licence for you;
- Type of Licence: Driving Licence.
- It is issued by Pakistan.
- Its purpose is to have official driving permission.
- The candidates who want to have a driving licence must be at least 18 years old. He/She should be medically fit for the licence.
- The licence will expire after 5 years.
- It approximately costs 2600Rs.
Dlims: Terms and Conditions.
Here are the following main terms and conditions for obtaining this licence.
- You must be 18 years old.
- The candidate must show its national ID card.
- He/She must be able to read the number plate of the car from the distance of 20.5 meters.
- If you need a new licence, then you have to apply first for a learners permit.
- The applicant must show up in the office in person.
- You have to show your valid CNIC.
- The clarification will be needed for the CNIC.
- The applicant can only apply in the district of their domicile.
- If you are out of the district, then the permission for Dlims will be granted by DPO/MLA in advance.
- You have to pay a ticket of PKR Rs.60 for each category like, car, motor bike etc.
- Medical form should be signed by an Authorized Medical Practitioner.
Dlims: Medical Tests.
After you will fulfil the medical tests, then you will be eligible for getting the computerized learners permit.
The learners permit will be valid for 6 month normally. After this, it will be proved that you are now eligible for the computerized driving license. In this 6 months, you have to pass through the series of tests.
It is required to pass a computerized written test. It is followed by the road signs test. If you see that you have failed any of the phase 1 tests, then we recommend you to retry the phase 1 after the gap of 42 days.
At least 80% is required for passing the test.
Phase 2 is actually a practical test. In this test you have to give tests of drives in parks in narrow spaces, and narrow streets. If you touch any of the cones during the test drive, then you will fail and you have to give the test again after 42 days.
After you will perfectly pass both phase 1 and phase 2 tests, then you can get the computerized driving license. This license will be valid for 3 years or 5 years. It actually depends on your choice.
Dlims: Security Features.
You may know that the National database and Registration authority has now developed a RFID based drivers license. This license bears the personal information of the licence holder. It also has data regarding tickets issued, violation and outside penalties.
Your data will be stored in two half of the chip.
The first half will contain all of the personal data of the licence holder. This one cannot be modified or changed.
The second half of the chip is rewritable. In this second half, the history of violations will be recorded.
At the end of the day, the data of violation will be transferred from the policeman handheld device to any local police station. After this, it will be transferred to the central server. The central server can be at state level or the district level.
It will be transferred with the help of a secure channel that will make sure about your data’s integrity and security.
The E-Drivers license system has also been developed for automatically revoking driving rights if there is any case of traffic violation. The comprehensive information of the violation will be electronically stored and it will be automatically available to the authorities.
The E-Drivers license will also allow the authorities to provide for the supplementary services and provisions.
The RFID drivers license will enable improvements in the identify verifications, highway safety and privacy protections.
- Application within file coner.
- Learner permit ( Original) of at least 6 weeks.
- Medical certificate, that should be certified by any medical center.
- 3 passport size Photographs. Photographs should be attested.
- Attested copy of your CIC.
- You also have to paste a ticket of mentioned fee on the document of license.
Dlims: required documents for international license.
There are the following main documents that are required for international license.
- International application form within file coner.
- Attested copy of CNIC.
- A copy of a valid driving License.
- Copy of the pakistani Passport ( Valid ).
- 2 attested passport size photographs.
- Court fee ticket of Rs. 66.
Dlims: Requirements of Duplicate License.
There are the following main documents that are required for a duplicate license.
- Duplicate application form present within the file cover.
- Attested copy of CNIC.
- 2 Attested fresh passport size photographs.
- The reports from the computer license that will express the expiry date of your license.
- Lost License report ( FIR ), of the police station.
- Tickets that will be pasted according to the schedule.
Dlims: Requirements for Renewal of License.
There are the following main requirements for Renewal Of License.
- Application form E within the file cover.
- 2 fresh passport sized photographs.
- Copy of your CNIC.
- Original driving license.
- Medical Report.
- A ticket of your relevant license.
There are following main rules for Dlims. You should follow these Dlims rules in every condition.
- Driving permit of the larner of motorcar, motorcycle, HTV, LTV, PSV or tractor, shall be valid for 6 months. But the candidate can appear for the practical test drive after 42 days.
- Driving permit of learner of construction or agriculture machinery shall be valid for about one year. But the candidate can appear for the practical test drive after 6 months.
- The driving license of foreigners shall be valids for the duration of valid Pakistani visa.
- The driving permit for international level shall be valid for one year.
- All of the other categories of the Dlims under these rules other than PSV license, shall be valid for 5 years.
- The PSV licences shall be valid for 3 years, unless provided in these rules, suspended/canceled by the competent or court earlier or Authority.
In Pakistan, there are different categories of Dlims.
- Jeep or Motorcar driving licence shall be valid for the Non-Commercial cars.
- Rickshaw/ Motorbike licence.
- Light Transport Vehicle ( LTV ) driving licence can be valid for the commercial Taxi, Jeep, Car, Mini bus or lightweight transport.
- Heavy transport vehicle ( HTV ) driving license can be valid for Trucks, Cranes, Buses, Trailers and many other types of heavy transport.
- Agricultural: Tractor.
- Public Service Vehicle ( PSV ).
- International Drivers permit.
|Motorcycle and Car||950|
|Motorcycle and LTV||950|
|Motorcycle and Rickshaw||550|
|Motor Can and Ricksahw||550|
|PSV and LTV||900|
|PSV and HTV||1200|
We hope you find this article helpful. Let us know if you have any further query or comment regarding this topic. Looking forward to your reviews. checkout our other article on mtmis.